Disruption has become the new normal. Digital transformation; market shifts; changes in consumer preferences; new business models; and the growing frequency of mergers, acquisitions, spinoffs, and divestitures are all contributing to an increasingly unstable business environment.
This article outlines five best practices to help KM programs navigate through chaos and maximize the value they deliver to a rapidly changing organization.
- Continually reassess and realign the KM strategy to reflect the organization’s current reality.
- Lean into the disruption, instead of shying away from it or minimizing its import.
- Establish KM as a trusted partner that can support the business through change.
- Keep measuring and marketing KM in the midst of crisis.
- Tap into internal and external networks for advice and support on weathering the storm.