All rights not expressly granted to you herein are reserved to APQC and all uses of APQC’s Online Resources not expressly permitted hereunder are prohibited.
APQC grants you a limited, non-exclusive, terminable, non-transferable license to access and use APQC’s Online Resources to support the understanding, assessment, measurement, and improvement of internal processes within an organization. Except as may be provided by separate agreement or license between your organization and APQC, you may not publicly distribute, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any or any part of APQC’s Online Resources.
All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork and computer code, including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, and “look and feel” of APQC’s Online Resources, are owned and/or licensed to APQC and are protected by U.S. and international intellectual property laws.
Since 2004 APQC and IBM have worked to create an open standard for measurement, definitions and data. As a result data collected and maintained by APQC may include data collected in partnership with IBM.
APQC may update, revise, replace and/or remove portions of APQC’s Online Resources from time to time without notice.
Account Access & Security
If any of APQC’s Online Resources requires registration or a specific registration profile you must complete the registration process by providing current, complete, and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form. If you leave the organization under which you first registered, you are prohibited from accessing APQC’s Online Resources until you re-register through a new organization.
You are prohibited from sharing your password or account access privileges with others and shall not use anyone else’s account at any time. You must promptly notify APQC of any unauthorized use of your account.
APQC does not warrant and makes no guarantee that APQC’s Online Resources will be available to all users at all times. APQC’s Online Resources may become temporarily unavailable to some or all users due to inclement weather, technical or engineering difficulties, power failures, civil disturbance, fire, flood or other causalities, and for planned and unplanned system maintenance. APQC disclaims all liability resulting from any Use disruption or the unavailability of any of APQC’s Online Resources.
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
You shall not use APQC’s Online Resources for any improper purpose. For example, you shall not:
- Use APQC’s Online Resources in violation of any applicable law, rule, or regulation;
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the rights of others;
- Publish, post, or upload any content that is profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent, or unlawful or that violates the intellectual property rights of others;
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar program or code that are intended to damage, compromise, or interfere with the operation of any IT system or process;
- Violate APQC’s Benchmarking Code of Conduct
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using any of APQC’s Online Resources;
- Collect information about other users, including names, email addresses, phone numbers, or other personally identifying information;
- Create a false identity;
- Reverse-engineer any software, system, or process;
- Employ a bot or other automated tool to make downloads of content; or
- Publicly distribute, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any or any part of APQC’s Online Resources without APQC’s express written permission.
Links to Other Sites
APQC’s Online Resources may contain links to independent, third-party websites (“Linked Sites”). These Linked Sites are provided solely as a convenience to our visitors. Such Linked Sites are not under APQC’s control and APQC is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of such Linked Sites.
Special Provisions Applicable to MosaiQ
MosaiQ is a cloud-based solution that simplifies business process management by enabling organizations to measure, manage, and learn about its business processes. Users of MosaiQ can create, upload and store their own content (“User Content”) online in MosaiQ and to modify, customize, and create derivative works from the APQC Process Classification Frameworks (“Modified PCFs”) preloaded in MosaiQ.
You are responsible for backing up, to your own computer, server or other device, any User Content or Modified PCFs that you upload, create, modify, store or access in MosaiQ. APQC does not guarantee or warrant that any User Content or Modified PCFs you upload, create, modify, store or access in MosaiQ will not be subject to inadvertent damage, corruption, theft or loss.
MosaiQ is not a HIPAA-compliant Use and is not intended to be used to review, store or process Protected Health Information. As a result, you should not upload any Protected Health Information to MosaiQ.
By using MosaiQ, you grant APQC a royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide, transferrable license to use, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, publish, publicly display, and publicly perform your Modified PCFs without attribution, and to sublicense such rights to others; provided that, except where permitted in a written agreement between APQC and you or your organization, or when required by law, APQC shall not publicly associate you or your organization with the Modified PCF.
Subject to the terms of any separate agreement between you or your organization and APQC, you have 90 days from the date your organization’s APQC Membership (or MosaiQ Subscription) expires or is terminated to request a copy of your User Content and any Modified PCFs you have created. Requests should be submitted to email@example.com. Thereafter, you will no longer have access to your User Content, Modified PCFs or the MosaiQ Use and APQC may delete your User Content and Modified PCFs without notice.
Copyright & Trademark Notices
All contents are: Copyright © 1994 – 2018 by APQC and/or its suppliers, 123 North Post Oak Lane, Houston, Texas 77024 U.S.A. All rights reserved.
All APQC Process Classification Frameworks (“PCF”): APQC encourages the wide distribution, discussion, and use of the PCF for classifying and defining processes. APQC grants you a limited, non-exclusive, terminable, non-transferable license to use, distribute, modify and create derivative works of the PCF for internal use. For external use, APQC grants you a limited, non-exclusive, terminable, non-transferable license to distribute, publish, publicly display and publicly perform the PCF, provided the PCF is attributed to APQC in all such copies, displays and performances. No modifications to the look or content is permitted for external use. Please use the following text when reusing the PCF in external print or electronic content:
- “THE APQC PROCESS CLASSIFICATION FRAMEWORK (PCF)® was developed by non-profit APQC, a global resource for benchmarking and best practices, and its member companies as an open standard to facilitate improvement through process management and benchmarking, regardless of industry, size, or geography. The PCF organizes operating and management processes into 12 enterprise level categories, including process groups and over 1,000 processes and associated activities. To download the full PCF or industry-specific versions of the PCF as well as associated measures and benchmarking, visit www.apqc.org/pcf.”
All APQC/IBM Industry PCFs: APQC and IBM hereby grant you (and, in the case of organizations, your members) a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to use, publish, copy, disseminate, display, perform and create derivative works from the APQC/IBM Industry PCFs, provided that (a) you use such Industry PCF(s) only within your organization and do not disseminate it to any third party, and (b) you include the following copyright acknowledgement in all copies of such Industry PCF(s) and all derivatives:
- “This Industry Process Classification Framework was jointly developed by APQC and IBM to facilitate improvement through process management and benchmarking. ©2018 APQC and IBM. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.”
Under no circumstance may you (or anyone on your behalf) impose a royalty, fee or any other consideration to a third party for use of the APQC/IBM Industry PCFs.