This report highlights trends in the adoption of new technologies and approaches for developing and maintaining IT applications. Topics include:
- How readily available enterprise data is for analysis and business decision making
- The adoption of Agile, DevOps, and design thinking for application development
- How quickly organizations are moving to cloud-based and mobile-friendly IT applications
- How extensively IT groups assess their application portfolios to inform investment and support priorities
- The relative maturity of various automation and AI solutions for application development, maintenance, and security
The report was prepared using APQC’s Open Standards Benchmarking® data in IT Application Development and Maintenance.