Earlier this month, APQC released the latest financial management (FM) Best Practices Report Building a Best-in-Class Finance Function. This research describes 14 best practices common among best-practice organizations.
- the strategic purpose of the finance function,
- talent and organizational structure,
- continuous improvement initiatives,
- tools and techniques for improvement, and
- measurement and communication.
Also included in the report are case studies describing successful finance functions at the following best-practice organizations:
- Company A,
- Cintas Corp.,
- Discovery Communications Inc.,
- Intel Corp.,
- ManpowerGroup, and
- The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, U.S. Department of the Treasury.
Check out the report today and watch for information on the upcoming FM Community Call which will discuss specific study findings.