Love the idea of connecting with people to create new relationships? Do you envision yourself in a sales career where you get to drive business results? APQC is looking for passionate individuals interested in a dynamic sales role. We will work with you to train you on the foundational sales skills and the APQC business model. Through on the job training and one-on-one mentoring you will be on the road to a successful sales career at APQC where you can deliver measurable results. Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, an excellent communicator, can work well within a cooperative and friendly team, as well as being able to achieve targets. The primary focus of the role is to work with the sales team to develop and deliver a quality lead generation pipeline. There will be opportunities for you to learn how we take each qualified lead and follow it through the sales cycle all the way to a successful close.
Think you might be the right person for the role? Well, here is how you’ll know. Most important to APQC is that you be able to show you are passionate about a career in sales, have an interest and desire to do outbound calling, customer relationship building and/or pipeline creation. Second, we want someone that has excellent communication skills, ability to be coachable and open to feedback, is a quick learner, demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and works well with others.
If you answer yes to the above, then APQC wants to help you grow in your sales career by diving into our fast-paced and collaborative culture. There is opportunity for career progression at APQC and we want YOU to be the next successful member of our team.
Compensation includes a base salary and potential incentives for meeting sales goals.
- Conduct lead generation, prospecting and qualifying potential new clients
- Research companies to create strategic communication plans
- Proactively schedule calls with perspective clients via phone and email (including cold calling)
- Educate prospective clients on the value of APQC’s membership and services
- Shadow and partner with Member Success Managers with a goal of supporting their monthly and annual revenue targets
- Interact with other sales, marketing, and project delivery staff to collaboratively determine customer needs
- Respond to requests from customers as needed in courteous and professional manner
Qualifications & Skills:
- Inside/telephone sales experience
- Strong communications skills
- Outgoing and friendly; able to quickly build professional rapport with individuals through various communications channels such as telephone and email
- A minimum of 1 year in a professional selling role
- Sales-oriented and goal-oriented, self-starting and able to work without constant supervision
- Proven ability to get results and meet commitments
- Ability to work individually and in a team
- Previous experience selling intangibles a plus
- College degree (in field) required
APQC is an Equal Opportunity Employer