Gain insights into the ideal training organization structure, resource allocations, and training methods by completing the Develop, Train, and Counsel Employees Open Standards Benchmarking Assessment. It can also provide critical metrics for measuring the effectiveness of such programs.
Data suggests that organizations investing in more training days and dollars per employee may produce greater revenue per employee than those investing less in this important human capital process.
This assessment will help your organization better manage and execute related processes through metrics provided at the conclusion of the survey exercise.
Related processes include:
- Align employee with organization development needs
- Define employee competencies
- Align learning programs with competencies
- Establish training needs by analysis of required and available skills
- Develop, conduct, and manage employee and/or management training programs
Related metrics include:
- Number of learning days per employee
- Number of business entity employees per FTE that performs the process group "develop and counsel employees"
- Number of FTEs that perform the processes "manage employee development" and "develop and train employees" per $1 billion revenue
- Cycle time in days for the formal performance review process from start to finish for middle management/specialists
All submissions to APQC's benchmarking database, both Open Standards Benchmarking and Rapid Performance Assessments, must be collected using APQC's easy-to-use Microsoft Excel data collection instruments. Please download a fresh copy of the assessment file by clicking the “Download Survey to Start Assessment” button.
Each benchmarking assessment offers an Excel-based data collection tool consisting of the survey itself, the measures associated with the survey, the glossary terms needed to understand the survey, and a copy of the Process Classification Framework (PCF) relevant to the data collection instrument. The consolidated data collection tool is intended to simplify the collection of benchmarking data within your organization.
Once you have completed the data collection instrument, simply upload the file using APQC's secure file upload tool. Visit this URL to upload your file: https://zurl.co/8Rg92. If you are unable to connect to that web site, please contact the helpdesk for more information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send privileged, confidential, or non-public data to APQC via email. Please contact the helpdesk on email@example.com if you have any further questions.
APQC analysts will immediately begin validation of your submission.