APQC conducted research, sponsored by Esker Inc., to understand how organizations can enable better customer service and alleviate critical challenges facing both customer service and order fulfillment teams.
Organizations are facing changes in customer behavior resulting from the pandemic and global disruptions to supply chains. Because customer service interactions are moments of truth with customers, understanding how to optimize the surrounding processes is critical.
This research in this collection focused on:
- the context for the need for change in customer service organizations,
- aligning customer service strategy and measures,
- re-examining the role of customer service professionals,
- shifting behavior and rationalizing systems, and
- moving toward proactive customer service.