In July 2021, APQC hosted two roundtable conversations with process and performance management professionals to discuss common challenges and leading practices related to performance management. APQC’s Holly Lyke-Ho-Gland (principal research lead, process and performance management) and Jonathan Kraft (project manager) facilitated the roundtable discussions and shared insights related to common performance management challenges, including:
- the quality and quantity of data;
- how to pick the best measures for tracking performance;
- aligning measures to organizational value;
- keeping measures up to date;
- achieving the right balance of in-process measures and end-of-process measures (or leading and lagging indicators); and
- leveraging control points to effectively manage process performance.
This article provides a summary of the roundtable conversations.