Every six months, the APQC financial management (FM) team hosts a webinar that provides an overview of the Finance and Accounting resources available through the Knowledge Base. The purpose of hosting this “Now in the Knowledge Base” community call is to review recent research, present upcoming projects on the research agenda, and solicit feedback from APQC’s members.
Last week, Mary Driscoll, FM senior research fellow, and Irene Ngan, research specialist, presented a guided tour of the best practices in finance, planning, and performance, including metrics and thought leadership within the FM discipline. Below are the top 10 most notable research published since August 2012.
- Building a Best-in-Class Finance Function (Best Practices Report)
- Metric Highlights for Financial Processing at Shared Services Centers (Collection)
- Close-to-Disclose Top Performers: Reduced Cycle Times Increase Total Cost Savings
- Fortifying the Close-to-Disclose Process
- A New CFO Priority: Talent Development with a Focus on Soft Skills
- The New Rules for Finance Talent Development (recording and slides)
- Financial Planning and Analysis at Mueller Inc.: Flexible and Agile
- Do More than Automate Accounts Payable
- Take a Smart Approach to Fixed Asset Management (Part 1 and Part 2)
- Key FM Benchmarks at a Glance: Petroleum/Chemicals Industry, Telecommunication Industry,
Government/Military Industry, Electronics Industry, Distribution/Transportation Industry, and
Consumer Product/Packaged Goods Industry
Find out what kind of metrics we have using APQC’s Open Standards Benchmarking Assessments.