The BEST tool is a structured approach to gap analysis and improvement for an organization creating a Best Practice or an organization seeking a Best Practice as a benchmark. The tool assures a Best Practice is written completely and concisely. When a Best Practice is written effectively, benchmarking organizations have enough information to translate the excellence into their own processes.
This presentation depicts a structured process to use and write a comprehensive Best Practice reviewing definitions and benefits of using a Best Practice method, and then guiding through an assessment tool set covering the criteria and characteristics of a high performing process.
Readers will learn how to:
- Define a Best Practice and the prerequisite for benchmarking
- Identify the four components of an effective Best Practice
- Use the BEST Quick Scan tool to identify a Best Practice candidate
- Assess their own core process based in the BEST tool components of Results, Enabler, Process, and Format
- Create an action list for further improvement in their target process
This is a copy of the presentation; click here for a summary of the session.