- June 13, 2011
- Dr. Scott J. Edgett
- 978-0-9732827-3-3; 978-1-60197-171-5
- Your Price: $395.00
- Member: FREE
Given the need to keep innovating despite resource constraints, what are other organizations doing to keep moving ahead? And what does it mean for new product development (NPD) efforts?
This Performance Benchmarks Report from APQC and PDI contains benchmarks from more than 250 organizations, and it provides a baseline that you can use to evaluate your organization’s capabilities.
It explores 10 key topic areas, each with a number of sub-items, for a total of 68 practices, methods, and approaches that fall into four overarching themes:
- performance measures and metrics,
- NPD process standards and activities,
- governance (gatekeeping), and
- best- vs. worst-performing organizations.
Case studies are included to show how best-practice organizations support product development processes that deliver results:
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
- Ashland Inc.
- Electro Scientific Industries, Inc.