Teamwork isn’t just for the volleyball court anymore. Phenomena like Amazon.com user reviews and Wikipedia have taught us about “the wisdom of crowds” while Web-enabled tools have made it possible to partner with people anywhere in the world. As a result, more and more organizations are asking employees to apply their collective knowledge to tackle tricky problems and come up with new and innovative ideas.
Building a Collaborative Culture in Your Organization is a collection of APQC resources focused on encouraging collaboration across a diverse, global work force. Topics include:
- the business case for increasing collaboration,
- strategies for instilling collaborative behaviors,
- what execs and managers can do to promote teamwork,
- common barriers and how to overcome them,
- language and cultural challenges related to global collaboration,
- ways to communicate and convince employees to participate,
- rewarding and recognizing employees for collaborating, and
- measuring the health and impact of collaborative tools and approaches.
If your organization wants to make collaboration a reality, check out these resources and get started on the right path today.