TMA’s People in Energy conference was held in Houston last week. Elissa Tucker and I had the opportunity to present APQC‘s research on best practices for developing leaders in the oil and gas industry and to speak with attendees about leadership at their organizations. The conference was an opportunity to hear about the pain points, organizational challenges, and successes that HR professionals from the energy, oil, and gas industry are experiencing. Aside from our conversations with HR professionals, other TMA highlights included:
- Newfield Exploration’s talk on strategic workforce planning,
- Schlumberger’s talk on knowledge management in the oil and gas industry,
- Parker Drilling’s presentation on high-potential talent development,
- Center for Talent Solution’s CEO Derrick Barton’s program on employee engagement and retention,
- Crystal Washington’s keynote on engaging employees using social media, and
- Seth Mattison’s keynote on building the next generation’s workforce.
- Air Liquide
- Baker Hughes
- Devon Energy
- Dow Chemical
- Exxon Mobil
- FMC Technologies
- Hawaiian Electric
- Husky Oil
- Lyondell Basell
- Marathon Oil
- Nalco Company
- Newfield Exploration
- Phillips 66
- Resources Global Professionals
- Saudi Aramco
By registering on the APQC website using their company email, all employees of these member companies have access to the leadership research we presented as well as to other APQC research and benchmarks/metrics.
Through our conversations with member practitioners, Elissa and I had the opportunity to gain additional insights into the research topics that oil and gas HR professionals are interested in seeing APQC explore in 2015. Be on the look-out for our revised research agenda as we head into the new year. Want to share your thoughts on what topics we should cover in 2015? Tweet me!
We found the TMA conference to be a success and we hope to attend in 2015 as well!