- Organizing improvement in silos
- Focusing on cost instead of customer value creation
- Having the method overshadow the outcome
- Redesigning the organizational chart before the process
- Not having a compelling case for change
- Insufficient executive engagement
While these 6 pitfalls were focused on process excellence, APQC has just completed research on how organizations are achieving buy-in, where the topics of improvement in silos and executive buy in are addressed. Additionally, we are also in the midst of a project focusing on Transformational Change where we are addressing the compelling case for change. What pitfalls would you add based upon your experiences?