Dr. Scott J. Edgett is the CEO and Co-Founder of Stage-Gate International, which APQC recently collaborated with for the benchmarking study Innovation Performance: Critical Drivers of Success. In the following question and answer session, Edgett, one of the top experts in product innovation, discusses:
- what top-performing innovation organizations are doing differently than those that do not innovate,
- what organizations can do to make sure they are not risk averse and stifling innovation,
- what can organizations do to align innovation with business strategy,
- differences in product innovation practices that exist between organizations that are focused primarily on business-to-business (B2B) product development versus organizations focused on consumer markets, and
- the steps that organizations can take to improve product or service innovation performance results.