ON Semiconductor is a supplier of semiconductor-based solutions for automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, medical, aerospace, and defense applications. Its approach to enterprise risk management (ERM) has garnered awards and recognition—In 2019, the organization received Honorable Mention for the Global Enterprise Risk Management Award of Distinction from the Risk Management Society (RIMS). In November 2020, APQC interviewed Michael Zuraw, senior director of enterprise risk management, about:
- the structure and scope of ERM within the organization;
- the organization’s ERM processes and practices;
- how the organization drives a culture of ERM;
- tools and techniques for visualizing risk; and
- how the organization measures its ERM progress and success.