Elissa Tucker is a researcher, writer, and speaker who explores work force trends and human capital management innovations. With 15 years of HR research, writing, and consulting experience, Elissa heads up APQC’s human capital management research program. Prior to joining APQC, Elissa worked as a senior research consultant at a large HR consultancy.
Throughout her career, Elissa has led many large-scale quantitative and qualitative research studies and authored numerous research reports, white papers, and presentations. Elissa co-edited and contributed to the book: Workforce Wake-Up Call: Your Workforce Is Changing, Are You?, John Wiley & Sons, 2006.
A sampling of research projects and topics that Elissa has been involved in includes:
- Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work for in America
- Global human capital challenges for government of Singapore
- Attracting and retaining Gen X and Y engineers
- Managing a mature workforce
- Future of the workforce and HR innovations
- HR success factors for mergers and acquisitions
- Performance-based pay
- Enduring and emerging talent management practices
- Skills shortages
- Technical talent management
- Employee engagement and retention