In 2011, Philips embarked upon its multi-year Accelerate! journey of change and performance improvement. This program is made up of five streams intended to:
- make Philips more customer-focused;
- resource its business/market combinations to win;
- create lean end-to-end customer value chains;
- implement a simpler, standardized operating model; and
- drive a growth and performance culture.
This case study explores how Philips IT created an enterprise-wide process framework based on APQC’s Process Classification Framework®(PCF) to transform Philips into an agile and entrepreneurial company.