What is the state of leadership in organizations today? Is there a leadership skills deficit? If yes, what are some of the contributing factors related to this leadership shortage and what can be done to lessen the gap? APQC conducted a survey in 2013 to find answers to these questions. This report, sponsored by THEaster Consulting, details the survey findings. It reviews:
- key terms used throughout the report,
- demographic information of participants,
- a summary of the results,
- a discussion of the leadership problem,
- an examination of the factors associated with the leadership problem, and
- a presentation of potential solutions to the leadership issue.