Open Standards Analyst
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Position Title: Open Standards Analyst
Functional Area: Open Standards Benchmarking
The open standards analyst is responsible for executing projects in APQC’s Open Standards Benchmarking department in support of the open standards benchmarking repository. The Open Standards Analyst will work closely with internal and external customers to construct data collection instruments and tools; ensure collected data meets quality requirements through validation; and work closely with the manager of open standards research to maintain the process classification framework. The Open Standards Analyst will also support delivery of products and services in support of the Open Standards Benchmarking business and strategic initiatives.
- Balance the demands of multiple simultaneous projects.
- Support the development of project plans, milestones, timelines, and the needs of internal and customer teams.
- Complete project assignments in a timely fashion with high quality.
- Understand functional and business process terms and concepts.
- Extract data, generate graphs and presentation-quality materials, and prepare customer reports and deliverables.
- Participate in Open Standards Benchmarking projects including scoping, defining data collection plans, stakeholder management, and project management.
- Assist with the generation of "Benchmarks on Demand" products using existing tools and templates.
- Validate incoming data for benchmarking projects using existing tools and templates.
- Engage in continuous training to improve job skills and knowledge competencies.
- Be a role model for good knowledge management practices inside APQC.
Requirements, Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to balance the needs of numerous simultaneous projects.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- High-level understanding of SQL (for queries only; no programming or database development required)
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Able to quickly understand data sets and generate customer-ready graphs and high-level analyses using summary statistics (percentiles, etc.) and general analytical tools.
- Familiar with Knowledge Management, Process Improvement, Business Process Management, Performance Management, and Quality principles.
- Education-Bachelor’s degree required; possible degrees include Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Social Sciences.
- Able to learn quickly and react favorably to new ideas and concepts.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to Ashley White (email@example.com).