- July 27, 2012
- Darcy Lemons and Lauren Trees
- Member: FREE
Are you looking to overcome cultural barriers and integrate knowledge management (KM) into your organization’s core processes and workflows? APQC’s Putting Knowledge in the Flow of Work report describes a series of best practices for eliminating the artificial division between KM and work so employees see knowledge sharing and reuse as fundamental to their jobs. During this one-hour recording, APQC’s Darcy Lemons and Lauren Trees describe how the best-practice organizations in the report:
- embed KM in process and project management,
- host knowledge-sharing events to encourage brainstorming and problem solving,
- recruit employees to act as KM program advocates and liaisons, and
- make it incredibly easy for employees to contribute and access knowledge.