- October 18, 2012
- Mary Driscoll, Susan Serven, and Jim Robertson
- Member: FREE
APQC's Mary Driscoll discusses the urgent need for new skills for financial planning and analysis (FP&A) professionals with Susan Gallagher Serven, co-founder of EPM Channel and Jim Robertson, FP&A exectuive.
- the gap between the potential value that Finance can deliver and the value now being delivered;
- higher order analytical skills and capabilities that are needed for finance to be a stronger business partner;
- leader emphasis on development of soft skills as well as hard skills;
- FP&A mission, design issues, and evolving skill sets; and
- “Big Data” analytical skills and why develop them within finance.