- Your Price: FREE
Knowledge management (KM) is a complex topic, and the number of resources APQC has published in the KM area can be overwhelming. To make things easier, this collection pulls together overview articles on key approaches, including the identification of critical knowledge, knowledge retention and transfer, communities of practice, Web 2.0 tools, expertise location systems, and measurement of KM initiatives.
These articles are a good jumping-off point for people who are new to knowledge management and want to understand the basic concepts and methods. However, please note that APQC’s Knowledge Base contains more detailed information on all the theories, tools, and approaches mentioned in this collection. We recomment reviewing Now in the Knowledge Base: Knowledge Management for a look at our most recent research and content.
- The Executive's Role in Knowledge Management: Lessons Learned from 20 Years in KM
- Developing a Knowledge Strategy That Senior Leaders Can Get Behind
- Knowledge Management Glossary
- Identifying and Prioritizing Critical Knowledge
- Getting Started with Knowledge Mapping
- Overcoming Knowledge Loss
- Classic Approaches for Knowledge Retention and Transfer
- How to Transfer Internal Best Practices
- Getting Started with Communities and Cross-Boundary Collaboration
- Eight Key Findings About Communities of Practice
- What Does a Successful Community of Practice Program Look Like?
- Effective Measurement of Knowledge Management Initiatives
- Enterprise Social Media
- Lessons Learned
- Expertise Location