- Member: FREE
Many industries contend with shortages of scientific, technical, engineering, and math experts. How can organizations leverage the STEM experts they have while also accelerating the rate of learning for new hires and mid-career employees? In 2013-2014, APQC interviewed 15 organiztions with large technical work forces and surveyed 757 people from a dozen different sectors on this topic, and published the whitepaper, How Smart Leaders Leverage Their Experts: Strategies to Capitalize on Internal Knowledge and Develop Science, Engineering, and Technology Expertise.
The articles and infographics in this collection overview additional insights into the STEM expertise shortage and the strategies organizations use to grow and leverage their STEM experts.
- Bridging the Expertise Gap in Science, Engineering, and Technology: Data Report
- What Works for Technical Talent?: Effective Approaches to Grow and Leverage Expertise in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math
- STEM and the Retirement Problem: Why Organizations Aren't Doing Enough
- Making Scientific and Technical Expertise a Priority: How Urgency and Integration Drive Effectiveness
- Top 3 Factors Firms Say are Driving the Need for STEM Talent Development