IT Business Analyst
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Position Title: IT Business Analyst
Functional Area: Information Technology
The role of IT Business Analyst works closely with other APQC departments to identify, scope, test, and implement business and technical solutions to enhance internal processes that support both strategic and tactical needs. The role is responsible for gathering project requirements, scoping the level of effort for the projects, and assisting with resource planning and project planning. In addition, the position is an integral part of the IT PMO to prioritize projects, communicate project statuses, tactically manage some projects, and enhance the APQC standardized project management methodology. The position is full-time, 0% travel, and is located in Houston, Texas.
- Gather project requirements using interviews, use cases, data analysis, and other tools to properly understand desired functionality
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Collaborate with developers and project customers to establish the business and technical goals of each project and analyze the business case of each project
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following project management methodology deliverables as needed: charter, concept document, business requirements document, use cases, wireframes/GUI, project updates/communications, test plans, rollout plans
- Successfully engage with multiple projects simultaneously, assuming the role of manager on some projects
- Use and enhance APQC IT’s Project Management Methodology, PM1
- Work with internal customers, end users, and developers to define requirements and develop accurate project estimates
- Partner with the IT Director and assist the PMO to act as a change agent to find and implement new IT solutions where appropriate based on business, financial, and/or technical needs
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding new technical initiatives and status of existing IT projects
- Perform IT application training needs as needed
- Identify and implement cost-savings opportunities within IT
- Proactively search for new idea to use existing information and implement new processes to gather and mine collected data for use in marketing, sales, and content management.
- Work with external IT vendors to communicate requirements and monitor/test solutions when expert-level assistance is needed.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 1-3 years of experience in IT application requirements gathering
- Proven background and knowledge of software development life cycles such as Rational Unified Process (RUP) or Agile.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Working knowledge of the following: content management, SQL, SharePoint, and Microsoft CRM
- Ability to engage with multiple projects independently
- Extremely deadline and detail-oriented
- Nimble and versatile to adapt as services or strategies change
- Professional manner with excellent customer service skills
- Function well in a small team environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced Microsoft Office® skills
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to Ashley White (email@example.com).