Inside Sales Representative
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Position Title: Inside Sales Representative
Functional Area: Sales
This position is responsible for securing participation in APQC research initiatives, including open standards research surveys, potential best practice partners, and potential sponsors. The focus will primarily be identifying and contacting, through direct phone-based sales channels, key process owners within various business functions (i.e., Human Resources, Finance, Supply Chain). Additionally, this position will entail other ad-hoc contact and screening projects for other departments in the Center. This position will requires collaboration with the APQC marketing department and research project teams to develop and coordinate campaigns to generate leads for each specific campaign. This position requires a basic understanding of the different functional areas of mid-size and larger organizations. The candidate should be outgoing and willing to identify new opportunities, readily make contact with others, and quickly build rapport.
Compensation includes a base salary and bonus potential for meeting sales goals.
- Telemarketing, including cold calling and proactive contact of individuals in targeted areas and industries
- Work with key internal and external partners to identify and qualify leads they provide and ultimately secure their participation
- Work with open standard research participants through the data submission and validation process
- Interact with other sales, marketing, and project delivery staff to collaboratively determine customer needs
- Responding to requests from customers as needed in courteous and professional manner
- Work with the marketing department to coordinate lead generation activities as needed
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong communications skills
- Outgoing and friendly; able to quickly build professional rapport with individuals through various communications channels such as telephone and email
- A minimum of 1 year in a professional selling role
- Sales-oriented and goal-oriented, self-starting and able to work without constant supervision
- Proven ability to get results and meet commitments
- Ability to work individually and in a team
- Previous experience selling intangibles
- College degree (in field) required
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to Ashley White (firstname.lastname@example.org).