Reinventing Supplier Relationships: Shifting from Lowest Cost to Highest Value
It’s time to get past the idea that simply getting the deal done is all that is required in a negotiation with suppliers. That short-sighted approach does not fit strategic, long-term relationships. A different approach and mindset for supplier relationships is needed to replace the me-first, I-win-you-lose strategy with highly collaborative partnerships focused on “we.”
Join APQC and three leading thinkers in an interactive panel discussion on reinventing supplier relationships: Kate Vitasek, lead faculty and researcher for Vested; Bonnie Keith, founder of the Forefront Group; and Emmanuel Cambresy, founder of Wezard.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Why and how new approaches to supplier relationships are imperative in today’s landscape
- Embracing the idea that no single model is “better” than another
- The inherent unbalance in modern supplier relationships and how to even the score
- Weighing the pros and cons of risk/innovation in supplier selection
Date/Time: Tuesday, August 20 at 12:00 PM CDT
Duration: One hour
Thank you for your interest in this event, registration is open to APQC members only. If your organization is a member of APQC (check the member list if you’re not sure), you could be seeing this message for the following reasons:
- You are not currently logged into the APQC website. You need to log in or register to continue.
- Your organization only has a functional APQC membership and this event is not included at that level.
If your organization is not listed and you are interested in becoming a member, please fill out the membership interest form or contact APQC at
1-800-776-9676 or +1-713-681-4020.