Source, recruit, and select employees
Like other areas of human capital management, assessing the recruiting and hiring processes can make it easier for organizations to draw meaningful comparisons with world-class organizations. Without well-defined, industry-standard metrics, it is impossible for anyone to know how a recruiting process is performing or if it is getting better.
Assess Your Performance Now
- View performance measures
- Start assessment
- Preview/print copy of assessment
- Access Excel data collection tool
- View sample report
APQC’s source, recruit, and select employees assessment provides metrics and practices that can unearth new opportunities of high relevance to senior HR recruiters and managers and directors of global talent acquisitions, talent management, and work force planning. For example, there is a significant difference between top and bottom performers regarding the cost per new hire. Although organizations want to manage their cost per new hire through effective sourcing and recruiting mechanisms, this metric must also be balanced against maintaining a high quality of employee and high retention rates among top performers.
This assessment will help your organization better manage and execute the following processes.
- Archive and retain records of non-hires
- Change/update requisition
- Complete candidate background information
- Conduct background checks
- Create applicant records
- Determine recruitment methods
- Develop a job description
- Develop and open job requisition
- Draw up and make offers
- Hire candidates
- Identify and deploy candidate selection tools
- Interview candidates
- Manage internal/external job posting Web sites
- Manage recruitment vendors
- Manage requisition dates
- Manage/track applicant data
- Negotiate offers
- Notify hiring manager
- Perform recruiting activities/events
- Post requisitions
- Recommend/not recommend candidate
- Select and reject candidates
- Test candidates
Why Trust APQC?
Founded in 1977, APQC is a member-based nonprofit organization. With over 500 members, APQC serves as a steward for broader open standards benchmarking, providing global, consistent process measurement.
For help getting started, please contact the help desk at +1-713-681-4020, 800-776-9676, or firstname.lastname@example.org.