Business Process Analyst
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Position Title: Business Process Analyst
Functional Area: Finance
Business Process Analyst will coordinate and lead complex technical projects for APQC, interacting with web developers, designers, communication specialists and business owners.
- Fully develop, refine, and improve project management processes, templates, tools, and tracking capabilities.
- Work closely with the business units, IT, and APQC Leadership to develop deep knowledge of systems and organizational capabilities.
- Oversees, coordinates and tracks project activities to include creating project management artifacts, leading business and systems requirements gathering, developing schedules based on requirements and resource availability and adjusting schedules when necessary.
- Defines project scope and ensures changes to scope and deliverables are managed.
- Utilizes knowledge of business, industry and technology to create and document business and system requirements, develops business and operational deployment strategies.
- Ensure that all requirements and recommended solutions comply with Organization and IT standards/objectives, including data governance, automation and integration objectives.
- Creates and tracks detailed work plans, schedules, estimates, resources, and status reports.
- Create test plans, perform functional testing and coordinate user acceptance testing.
- Creates and implements appropriate risk management and mitigation strategies.
- Manages issues, escalations and problem resolutions.
- Acts as liaison with business owners, IT, vendors, contractors and others as needed on projects and processes.
- Perform root cause analysis, lessons learned, and other continuous improvement activities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Business, Information Technology, or related discipline or 3 years’ experience in software/hardware project management. Direct experience with project management, business and systems analysis, and/or hardware/software troubleshooting.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Project Manager/Business Analyst in a fast paced application development and maintenance environment.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and execute multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Strong time management, problem-solving, organizational, and follow-up skills
- Work successfully with minimal supervision and provide consulting to others
- Very strong interpersonal skills
- Communicate effectively in both an oral and written format
- Experience working on web application projects is desired
- Experience with the SDLC including Agile Principles and the Scrum Methodology is recommended.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Project Management software knowledge is required.
- Knowledge of measurement, knowledge management, process improvement, and strategic planning a plus.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand how project parameters directly and indirectly correlate to business impact.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to Ashley White (firstname.lastname@example.org).