APQC's Benchmarking Portal: A User's Guide
Before You Get Started
Know Your Access Rights
General users: Access to APQC’s metrics and benchmarking assessments depends on your organization’s membership type. If your organization has purchased a functional membership (financial management, human capital management, knowledge management, or supply chain management), you have access to metrics and benchmarks relevant to those areas only. All-Inclusive members have unrestricted access.
If your organization has purchased one of the functional memberships and you would like to access metrics or assessments outside of what’s included, please contact us to find out about upgrading your membership.
Professional Services firm members: As a professional services organization, you have unrestricted access to all assessments found in the Rapid Performance Assessment and Open Standards Benchmarking tools. Access to the Benchmarks on Demand tool is not available. If you like to know more about licensing metric data, please contact Cathy Hill at +1-713-685-4652 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choose the Tool That's Right for You
If you want to:
- Get immediate access to the benchmarks of your choice, choose Benchmarks on Demand
- See how your organization’s high-level functional performance compares with your peers’, choose Rapid Performance Assessments
- Understand the extent of the performance gap for a particular process, choose Open Standards Benchmarking
Gather the information you will need to participate
- Benchmarks on Demand: just have an idea of the measures you’d like to find data for. Once in the Portal, you will be able to do a custom search based on keywords or browse the database by functional categories and associated PCF levels.
- Rapid Performance Assessments: information about your business processes including cost, cycle time, and staffing allocations, as well as organizational information including revenue and size.
- Open Standards Benchmarking assessments: information about your business processes including cost, cycle time, and staffing allocations, as well as organizational information including revenue and size.