Product and Service Development Rapid Performance Assessment
Complete the Product and Service Development Rapid Performance Assessment to identify your organization’s potential performance gaps in getting high-quality products and services to market.
Considering the complexity of the product and service development activities in many enterprises, it is important to monitor and evaluate the inputs, outputs, and outcomes of this vital process. This brief assessment will focus on the following product and service development process groups:
- "Govern and manage product/service development program;"
- "Generate and define new product/service ideas;" and
- "Develop products and services" including the processes:
- "Design and prototype products and services"
- "Test market for new or revised products and services"
- "Prepare for production/service delivery"
Through this assessment, you will uncover opportunities to improve:
- Time-to-market in days for new and existing product/service development/improvement projects,
- Percentage of revenue from product/services launched in the past year, and
- Cost effectiveness and process efficiency for the entire product development function, its process groups, and the "develop products and services" processes.
There may be a fee associated with your participation. For more information, please check the Open Standards Benchmarking fee schedule.
All submissions to APQC's benchmarking database, both Open Standards Benchmarking and Rapid Performance Assessments, must be collected using APQC's easy-to-use Microsoft Excel data collection instruments. Please download a fresh copy of the assessment file from the menu above by clicking the “start assessment” button.
Each benchmarking assessment offers an Excel-based data collection tool consisting of the survey itself, the measures associated with the survey, the glossary terms needed to understand the survey, and a copy of the Process Classification Framework (PCF) relevant to the data collection instrument. The consolidated data collection tool is intended to simplify the collection of benchmarking data within your organization.
Once you have completed the data collection instrument, simply upload the file using APQC's secure file upload tool. Visit this URL to upload your file: https://zurl.co/8Rg92. If you are unable to connect to that web site, please contact the helpdesk for more information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send privileged, confidential, or non-public data to APQC via email. Please review our frequently asked questions or contact the helpdesk on email@example.com if you have any further questions.
APQC analysts will immediately begin validation of your submission.