Awards and Recognition
Understanding business needs and exceeding expectations have been the foundation of APQC’s success for more than 30 years. Our awards and achievements demonstrate the quality and value we strive to provide.
Awarded for What We Do
Our benchmarking methodologies rank #1 in the world, according to a study conducted by The European Center for Total Quality Management at Bradford University's School of Management. In 2015, APQC was named to KMWorld’s list of 100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management (previous wins in 2002, 2011, 2013, and 2014). We are also proud to have been inducted into the 2016 Global Most Admired Knowledge Enterprise (MAKE) Hall of Fame (previous induction in 2013). We have been recognized as a North American MAKE winner for an unprecedented ten times (2003, 2004, 2007-2013, 2015) and a global winner in 2008, 2011, and 2013. The other recipients include Apple, IBM, and other leading global firms.
Awarded for Who We Are
APQC has been awarded Houston’s Better Business Bureau Torch Award for its superior commitment to ethics, overall excellence, and quality in the workplace. In 2014, APQC was named one of the top 100 workplaces in the greater Houston area for the fourth year in a row with previous wins in 2011, 2012, and 2013.
Additional APQC achievements include:
- organizing the first White House Conference on productivity,
- spearheading the creation and design of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award (1987),
- developing the business taxonomy with the Process Classification FrameworkSM (PCF) (1992),
- producing the original and only Benchmarking Code of Conduct (1994),
- launching knowledge management as a key business practice (1995),
- introducing the Open Standards Benchmarking research (2004), and
- creating the C. Jackson Grayson Distinguished Quality Pioneer Medal (2008).
APQC is proud of our recognitions as a leader in our field. We look forward to demonstrating continued success in the years to come.