APQC Names Blanton Godfrey and Peggy Vaughn to Board of Directors
“As a nonprofit organization founded on and for process and performance improvement, we rely on the input and counsel of experts in their fields to ensure the mission and vision of APQC is carried out strongly and smartly. Blanton Godfrey and Peggy Vaughan bring deep experience in management, quality improvement and change that will benefit our members, staff and organization,” said Carla O’Dell, president of APQC.
Godfrey is Dean and Joseph D. Moore Professor of Textile & Apparel Technology & Management, College of Textiles, at North Carolina State University. Previously, Dr. Godfrey served on the board for the not-for-profit Institute for Healthcare Improvement and Godfrey was Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Juran Institute Inc., an international management consulting, research and training organization focused on quality management and business excellence. Before joining Juran, he was the department head of Quality Theory and Technology at AT&T Bell Laboratories.
Vaughan is the Chair for the Association of Management Consulting Firms, and most recently, Consulting Services Leader of the IBM Global Consulting Service Lines, including Strategy and Change, Supply Chain Management, Customer Relationship Management, Human Capital Management, Financial Management Services and Application Innovation Services. She was responsible for overseeing Business Consulting Services Investment Strategies in skills development, offering/solution development and delivery, thought leadership and knowledge management that enabled consultants to provide clients with higher value consulting capabilities.
Godfrey and Vaughan join the following APQC Board of Directors:
- Saad Bargach, Managing Director, Lime Rock Partners
- Robert H. Buckman, former President and CEO, Bulab Holdings
- Robert E. Cole, Professor, University of California at Berkeley
- T. Jay Collins, President and CEO, Oceaneering International
- Tor Dahl, President, Tor Dahl and Associates, Inc.
- Thomas H. Davenport, Director, Babson College
- John Friel, President & CEO, Medrad, Inc.
- C. Jackson Grayson, Jr., Chairman & CEO, APQC
- Robert H. Hayes, Professor, Harvard Business School
- Rosabeth Moss Kanter, Professor, Harvard Business School
- John G. Keane, Profession of Strategic Management, Univ. of Notre Dame
- Roger Kearns, Region General Manager Asia Pacific, Solvay
- Yotaro Kobayashi, Former Chief Corporate Advisor, Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd, Japan
- Edward Lawler, Professor, Graduate School of Business, U.S.C.
- Bobby Lyle, Chairman, President & CEO, Lyco Holdings Incorporated
- Carla O'Dell, President, APQC
- Joaquín Peón, President, Joaquín Peón Consultoría, Mérida, México
- Tom Peters, President, The Tom Peters Group
- Ginni Rometty, Sr. Vice President, IBM Global Sales & Distribution
- William D. Ruckelshaus, Principal, Medrona Investment Group
- Gary Shilling, President, A. Gary Shilling & Co., Inc.
- Thomas R. Standish, President and COO, CenterPoint Energy
- Carl G. Thor, President, JarrettThor International
- W.J. Usery, Jr., Former Secretary of Labor, Distinguished Executive Fellow, Georgia State University
APQC is the leading resource for performance analytics, best practices, process improvement, and knowledge management. The organization’s research studies, benchmarking databases, and renowned Knowledge Base provide managers with intelligence to transform their organizations. A member-based nonprofit founded in 1977, APQC serves Global 1000, government, and nonprofit organizations. For information, visit www.apqc.org or call 800.776.9676.