Advisory Services Consultant (Level III)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Position Title: Consultant (Level III)
Functional Area: Advisory Services
The Senior Consultant (Level III) will be responsible for project management, leading and developing custom projects using APQC’s methodologies in knowledge management, benchmarking, and business excellence. This position requires a strong background in consulting, facilitation, needs assessment, and project management and a commitment to helping firms get results in a competitive business environment.
Overall responsibilities include customer relationship management, financial management, and team management in custom projects. This individual will have the competencies in at least two of APQC’s practice areas or methodologies, e.g., knowledge management, business excellence, and benchmarking, This individual will oversee and manage multiple projects to within time, customer satisfaction expectations, and APQC’s established guidelines for project margins.
- Lead and facilitate customer teams through project scoping, needs assessment, consensus building, development of customer project-specific measures and performance indicators, and results planning.
- Mentor and coach internal team members in APQC’s internal business processes, methodologies, and culture during the course of project delivery.
- Apply customer management, business management, and team management to custom projects.
- Provide strong consultative skills to support customer activities within the context of the project.
- Responsible for project financial expectations of projects managed
- Develop competencies across two or more of APQC’s core content areas and/or methodologies, e.g., knowledge management and business excellence, e.g., process management, benchmarking, quality, measurement
- Identify on-going customer needs from projects managed and be part of crafting the solution for additional project activities
- Deliver APQC training courses and workshops to external and internal customers.
- Engage in continuous training to improve job skills.
- Be a role model for good knowledge management practices inside APQC.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Five to eight years in an external consulting role with budget responsibilities, project management experience, and proven ability to deliver results and high customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge and experience in process improvement. Experience in knowledge management, performance measurement, benchmarking, and training a plus.
- Ability to manage customer relationships and delivery approaches on multiple projects simultaneously and meet all deadlines
- Proposal development experience in the consulting arena
- Demonstrated ability to prepare, analyze, and administer project financials
- Extensive facilitation skills including presentation skills, needs assessment, consensus building and mediation
- Commitment to KM and process principles and practices
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based environment
- Computer skills: Internet, e-mail, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and Visio
- Education: bachelor’s degree required, MBA or other advanced degree a plus
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to Ashley White (email@example.com).