Advisory Services Consultant (Level II)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Position Title: Consultant (Level II)
Functional Area: Advisory Services
The Consultant role will provide support to Advisory Services projects utilizing APQC’s methodologies in benchmarking, knowledge management, and process improvement. This position will be an integral part of the project team and requires strong project management, computer, analytical, writing, communication and time management skills.
This position requires a background in internal and/or external consulting, customer expectation management, project team management, facilitation, and a commitment to helping firms get results in a competitive business environment.
- Manage projects through setting customer expectations, support for agenda development and data collection instruments, meeting coordination, qualitative analysis, and presentation of findings.
- Support and/or manage the development of project plans, milestones, timelines, internal and customer teams, and meet deliverables of projects.
- Assist in the administration and management of projects (project files, contact and screening, communications, meeting logistics)
- Accountable for project margins and customer satisfaction of projects managed.
- Facilitate customer teams/groups through project activities and meetings – virtual and face to face.
- Understand and be able to apply APQC’s methodologies and tools to any advisory services project.
- Assist in delivery of APQC training courses to external and internal customers.
- Engage in continuous training to improve job skills and knowledge competencies.
- Be a role model for good knowledge management practices inside APQC.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Two to four years in a consulting environment with budget responsibilities or teaching/training delivery with proven ability to deliver training in quality in process improvement course topics.
- Ability to work on and project manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet all deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Solid facilitation skills including presentation skills, needs assessment, consensus building and mediation.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare, analyze and administer project financials.
- Thorough understanding and commitment to Knowledge Management, Process Improvement, Performance Management and Quality principles.
- Benchmarking or training experiences a plus.
- Demonstrated consulting and project management experience.
- Computer skills: Internet, e-mail, MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Education-Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to Ashley White (email@example.com).