2020 Knowledge Management Conference Call for Speakers
Our speakers and their stories are THE MAIN ATTRACTION!
As the longest-running knowledge management conference, we understand that attendees need LESS theory and MORE strategy and execution. One of the ways in which APQC's Knowledge Management Conference is unique is that it is practitioner-led. No sales pitches or consultancy credentials presentations.
Interested in Speaking? Now What?
We're so glad that to hear you're interested. And we can't wait to see what sessions, content, and awesomeness the KM community will submit.
Here are a few things to know.
- Proposals must be submitted via the online form by September 20, 2019. Please DO NOT email your submission.
- Accepted, declined, and alternate proposals will be notified by November 6, 2019.
- Finalized presentations (including all internal approvals) are due by March 16, 2020.
- By submitting a proposal for consideration, you agree, that if selected, you will be available to speak at any time on April 30 or May 1, 2020.
- The primary presenter will receive complimentary registration for the entire two-day conference (does not include any pre-conference workshops).
- If a presentation has more than one presenter, a 50% discount will be given to one additional presenter.
- Each presentation may have a maximum of two presenters.
- Please list all presenters on the form, as you will not be able to add presenters once you are selected.
- Costs associated with the presentation—including travel and lodging—are the responsibility of the presenter.
About the Event
Since APQC established the world's first knowledge management (KM) conference in 1995, this annual event has been the place to network and share innovative ideas with the best and brightest minds in KM. Learn how to leverage your largest asset—knowledge—from the people who pioneered KM as a business practice. This conference offers a wide-range of programs exploring best practices in KM. This is a must-attend for those concerned with knowledge management, continuous improvement, and organizational performance. The pre-conference workshops, keynote and breakout presentations, and working sessions will provide the tools you need to advance KM initiatives at your organization.
About the Audience
Attendees are KM professionals from all industries and geographic locations. Levels of expertise vary. Attendees include practitioners, practice leads, managers, directors, VPs, and heads of business.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact Nancy Troxel, APQC’s conference project manager, by phone at +1 (713) 685-4732 or 1 (800) 776-9676 ext. 4732 or by email at email@example.com.