APQC's 2019 Process & Performance Management Conference
October 3-4, 2019
Thank you for your interest in presenting at APQC’s 2019 Process & Performance Management Conference. We are looking for practitioners from all industries and sectors who can share stories of proven and innovative practices around process and performance improvement. This conference will spotlight strategies and approaches that can immediately improve business performance. Potential topics include (but are not limited to):
- Managing Change & Engagement: change management, tactics, success stories about engaging, leadership & employees, prioritization, from functional to process thinking, creating buy-in
- Analyzing & Managing Performance: benchmarking, big data, performance analytics to management organization process performance, measurement, using analysis to support decision making
- Aligning to the Business: alignment, organizational strategy, business value, governance & identifying the right measures to support organizational strategy, integration with other practices - capturing and transferring critical knowledge, quality, risk--how all pieces fit together for overall business integration
- Managing & Improving Processes: process general, developing, defining and improving processes, continuous improvement, PCF®, process standardization, process maturity models, value chain
- Aligning Improvement to District Goals: process improvement, strategic alignment, stakeholder engagement, and continuous improvement
By submitting a proposal for consideration, you agree that if selected, you will be available to present during APQC’s 2019 Process & Performance Management Conference on October 3 and 4, 2019.
About the Event
This conference offers a wide-range of programs exploring best practices to improve agility and performance. This is a must-attend for those concerned with business process management, continuous improvement, and organizational performance. The pre-conference workshops, keynote and breakout presentations, thought leadership panels, and working sessions; will provide the tools you need to advance process and improvement initiatives at your organization.
About the Audience
Attendees are benchmarking, process, and performance improvement professionals from all industries and geographic locations. Levels of expertise vary. Attendees include practitioners, practice leads, managers, directors, VPs, and heads of business.
Information You Will Need
- Presenter(s) contact information
- Presenter(s) bio
- Presenter(s) photograph
- Presenter(s) speaking experience
- Program, strategy, approach details (i.e., how long it has been in place, results achieved to date)
- Presentation track category (choose between: Aligning to the Business, Analyzing and Managing Performance, Managing and Improving Process, Managing Change and Engagement, or Education)
- Session title
- Session description
- Presentation key takeaways (up to three)
- Short video of you speaking about your topic (more details below)
About the Process
- If selected, you must be available to speak at any time on October 3 or 4, 2019.
- Conference presenters will receive complimentary registration for the entire two-day event (does not include any pre-conference workshops). Costs associated with the presentation—including travel and lodging—are the responsibility of the presenter.
- If a presentation has more than one presenter, a complimentary registration will be given to the primary presenter, and a 50 percent discount will be given to one additional presenter. Each presentation may have a maximum of two presenters.
- Please list all presenters on this form as you will not be able to add presenters once you are selected.
- A short video summarizing your proposed presentation submission will be used as part of the selection process, and is due at the time you submit your proposal. The video may be casual and taken from a mobile device, or could be a video from a previous speaking engagement on the same topic. Be sure to include the following: name, company, job title; 2-4 highlights of your session or points to be covered during your session; and the video should be at least one minute. You have the option to upload the video file or insert a link to the video file. Here is an example: https://youtu.be/aZnzRe6VggI
Proposal Evaluation Criteria
- Proposals must be submitted by February 8, 2019 (*NEW DATE* Submission Process Extended).
- Accepted, declined, and alternate proposals will be notified by March 21, 2019.
- Finalized presentation materials (including all internal approvals) are due by August 15, 2019.
- Content deals with relevant business process and performance management strategies and approaches.
- Content is clear, well written, and complete.
- Session description, title, and learning objectives are clearly defined.
- Session is educational in nature—making sales pitches or distributing marketing materials during presentations is strictly prohibited. All presentations must avoid commercialism, promotion, and advertising.
- Speaker’s presentation experience and background will be taken into account.
- Bonus points for using good grammar and punctuation.
- In selecting speakers, the selection committee favors process and performance management practitioners presenting case studies or practical tools/techniques over general or theoretical presentations. Consultants or academics are encouraged to co-submit with a client or business process practitioner.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact Nancy Troxel, APQC’s conference project manager, by phone at +1 (713) 685-4732 or 1 (800) 776-9676 ext. 4732 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.